A year has passed and 2017 was an amazing year and kind to me. I’ve traveled to a few places, had fun in music festivals and other social occasions also met a couple of good friends. I’m just too lazy to write everything here since all are updated on my Instagram anyway (Instagram make me even lazier to write a post👀).
Looking back at last year resolution, though I did not fulfill all of them it’s great to trace back what I wished to achieve last year. So finally, I decided to pen down my this year resolution.
1. Travel to Korea
I started to think about this routine of one year travel to a budget country, then the next year to a cant-really-budget country. I’ve been wanting to visit Korea and Japan, but I’m gonna put Korea on my bucket list, hoping to attend my favourite boy group’s concert if there’s any. So I really need a better financial plan since non-promotion flight ticket going to cost at least $300.
2. Eliminate Debt & Better Financial Planning
I certainly don’t expect I would master the skill of financial planning in just one year, which is why this year is sort of like a ‘Saving 2.0’ thingy. Last year, I hardly managed to save up for 2 trips and a few concerts and music festival. This year, aside from saving up for my No.1 Goal,☝️ I’m hoping to save up at least one-month of an emergency fund as well (since I’m turning 25 this year: more responsibility), in which I’ve started contributing a monthly fixed saving and set up recurring payment; no more excuses for late payment or keep checking saving account.
3. Read More
Last year, I’ve set to not buy any new books until I finish what I haven’t. The good thing is I managed to not purchase any new books but I did not finish my books yet. It was around last quarter of the year, I got addicted to mobile games and the majority of my time spent on mobile games. Regardless of how many books I’ll finish this year, the serious addiction in mobile games has to stop.
Time passed without noticing we are stepping in September. Tried to fill up the schedule, spending most of the time on work, surrounded by work-related stuff and people to the point when you paused for a minute and realize you have nothing except work.
Working hard, building the relationship with colleagues yet at this point, it feels like I’m going into hiatus and being a bit mental it’s tiring myself out too. I know we need to find a way to feel inspired hoping to see life the different way.
Constantly feeling like you’re the left out one instead of learning to accept things as the way they are, is a chronic disease to the mental health. We care too much about other people, about where can we fit without realizing that you don’t have to try hard to fit in. Maybe you’re being sensitive at the moment, maybe it’s true that sometimes things weren’t meant for your either but it’s absolutely not a big deal. Take a chill pill and step back for a moment; stop rushing.
Afterall, it’s always about taking a break to communicate with yourself and remind yourself that everything is momentary; just breathe. You have you, is enough.
Bookmark: The Most Important Lesson I Learned During My Social Media Detox
“I think I’m partying so much because I’m just dreading sitting at home by myself hearing my thoughts hit the walls.” – Lorde
Second week of new job. Upbeat energy running low.
Not a bad way of draining; the people are quite nice. (Saying this as an ambivert.)
It’s hard to blend in a big group, cuz naturally survives better in small group instead. So when there are a few extroverts in the group, in an environment that I’m not familiar with, I just tend to back out.
I can hardly warm up myself to people. Not sure if I want to change this. But for now, I guess I’ll just be cold to people who are cold to me.
Well, it’s time of the year. Honestly, I don’t think resolution actually works (or maybe just me, couldn’t keep in mind in achieving them lol) but I really think it’s a good way in stating down what were you thinking in a year ago and present, and surprisingly I didn’t wrote a post about resolution for 2016. Or maybe I deleted it? Because I’m really a fan of deleting stuff I posted online.
Looking back at 2016, I’d say it’s not so a bad year. A year that I’m lost but also (kinda) found myself back. I basically wasted the first three months of the year with doing nothing at home and occasionally looking for job but didn’t get any (back then I have no idea what I really wanted to do) and eventually accepted a sales job in a local bank’s credit card department. It’s not the type of job that I think I will ever take but somehow it helped me in knowing myself better, polished my communication skill, be brave to talk to people and be a little more sociable.
Then I had an amazing first solo trip ever to Taiwan in April, got to know a few really kind people during the trip. Another small-big thing that I never thought I would have ever done is getting a tattoo done. I’ve been wanting to get one but never actually do it, always giving excuses and letting fear to stop me. I’m glad people that I’ve met in the second half of 2016 inspired me to do so. I’ve seen how they do things they want to do without letting doubts and fears in stopping them. If there’s a reason you came into my life but ain’t meant to stay, then this is the reason: to spark the fire within me to be less indecisive and chase for things that I want.
Back to 2017 resolution, I’ve listed them down, not sure whether I’ll actually achieve them or not hahahaha but it’s always good to set a few goals for yourself and keep them in check from time to time.
- Second tattoo. Yes I’m always a fan of it (playing with those fake one) and since now I’ve got a real one, nothing stops me lolll.
- Write more. I’m a sucker in keeping my goal for this. Been saying this for like few decades ago and never seems to able to stick to this habit but at least, continue my 5-year-journal cause I… skipped last year.
- Read more. So far I’ve read three books in December (I was too free) and I need to control myself from getting new one before I finish the rest of my unread books.👀
- Travel to Cambodia & Vietnam. Now the problem is I really enjoy traveling alone but friend knew that I’m planning to go is trying to come along as well, not sure how to deal with this lol. But I’m planning to be somewhere around June. If budget allows, Singapore in end of the year cause I’ve never been there even though it’s just beside my country.
- Better financial planning. Or at least, save more. In order to achieve no.4.
- GO OUT. Stick to gym, since I’ve got a fixed working hour job. Go for more outdoor activities, been dying to go to Broga Hill (beginner level duh) and still looking for people who like to go for mountain climbing kind of activities in 2017. ==
- Ultimately, focus on career. This is the year to focus on career and focus on growing yourself. I’ve (kinda) found a job in a field that I’m really interested in and there isn’t any excuse to not work hard on it. For any other aspects in life, I’d just let them be. If things are meant to be, they will be. Work hard, be proactive, pass probation, get increment, and let the rest fall into place.
Be braver and better, not bitter.
And let’s be a better us by the time we’ll meet again. xx
What’s your resolution for this year?